EPPO PRA for Bursaphelenchus xylophilus
Both the PRA according to Standard PM5/3 and the PRA report are available.
The overall probability of entry of PWN is high. In order of priority, the probability of entry of PWN and its vectors is:
1) untreated coniferous wood packaging materials (but the implementation of ISPM No 15 reduces this risk to an acceptable level),
2) wood (except particle and waste wood) of host species,
3) plants for planting (except seeds) of host species (including bonsai plants),
4) particle and waste wood of host species,
5) cut branches (including Christmas trees) of host species,
6) isolated bark (including Christmas trees) of host species. Nevertheless the risk of PWN entry, but not necessarily establishment, with those commodities is substantial.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- North Macedonia
- United Kingdom