Feedback on a list of plant pests with candidates for risk assessments – Batch 5 (2022)
During May and June of 2022 nine of the plant pests that were found in EFSAs media and literature horizon scanning were evaluated with EFSAs PeMoScoring tool (EFSA 2022a, b unpublished). Based on the PeMoScoring the pests were either rated as above a threshold value (= positive) or below it (= negative), where further actions are proposed for the former group of pests.
The nine pests were:
• Eoreuma loftini (Insecta) (positive)
• Exserohilum rostratum (Fungi) (positive)
• Pratylenchus scribneri (Nematoda) (positive)
• Candidatus Phytoplasma brasiliense (Bacteria) (negative)
• Erysiphe diffusa (or Microsphaera diffusa) - soyabean powdery mildew (Fungi) (negative)
• Lasiodiplodia pseudotheobromae - cryptic species from the L. theobromae complex (Fungi) (negative)
• Megalurothrips usitatus (Insecta) (positive)
• Pestalotiopsis clavispora (= Neopestalotiopsis clavispora) (Fungi) (positive)
• Pseudomonas syringae pv. coriandricola (Bacteria) (positive)
SLU Risk Assessment of Plant Pests was requested by the Swedish Board of Agriculture to provide feedback in terms of (i) whether any of these pests are present in Sweden and (ii) whether there are some special reasons to exclude or prioritize any of the pests for further pest categorizations (i.e., in addition to those provided by an EFSA PeMoScoring evaluation of these species (EFSA 2022b, unpublished)). This report is the 5th of similar reports provided on the topic.
|Pest Risk Analysis||Download||290,02kB|