Feedback on a list of plant pests with candidates for risk assessments – Batch 4 (2022)
During March and April of 2022 eleven of the plant pests that were found in EFSAs media and literature horizon scanning were evaluated with EFSAs PeMoScoring tool (EFSA 2022a, b unpublished). Based on the answers to 13 questions the pests received scores that were either below or above a threshold value (phi-score = -0.083). Further actions are proposed for pests that receive a score above the threshold value. The pests also received a rank within a set of reference pests; rank 1 = highest threat to rank 43 = lowest threat.
The eleven pests were:
• Biscogniauxia rosacearum (Fungi) Positive (rank 22, phi-score 0.04)
• Coniella granati (Fungi) Negative (rank 36, phi-score -0.22)
• Epicoccum sorghinum (Fungi) Positive (rank 10, phi-score 0.12)
• Fusarium andiyazi (Fungi) Positive (rank 13, phi-score 0.09)
• Diaporthe ambigua (Fungi) Negative (rank 35, phi-score -0.09)
• Maize yellow mosaic virus (Viruses) Negative (rank 35, phi-score -0.19)
• Pepper mottle virus (Viruses) Negative (rank 35, phi-score -0.12)
• Phyllosticta cavendishii (Fungi) Negative (rank 37, phi-score -0.26)
• Pratylenchus hippeastri (Nematoda) Negative (rank 35, phi-score -0.11)
• Pythium oopapillum (Oomycota) Positive (rank 26, phi-score 0.003)
• Spinach latent virus (Viruses) Negative (rank 36, phi-score -0.13)
SLU Risk Assessment of Plant Pests was requested by the Swedish Board of Agriculture to provide feedback in terms of (i) whether any of these pests are present in Sweden and (ii) whether there are some special reasons to exclude or prioritize any of the pests for further pest categorizations (i.e., in addition to those provided by an EFSA PeMoScoring evaluation of these species (EFSA 2022b, unpublished)).
|Pest Risk Analysis||Download||290,88kB|